Contact

Friday, December 2, 2011

I Like Thanksgiving's Focus of Optimism

To me, focusing on the positives of Thanksgiving is more rewarding than focusing on getting rid of bad habits that New-Year's-Resolutions imply.   Some say that what we focus on grows, and I buy that as  I am an optimist.

Here are my six things am I thankful for during post-Thanksgiving season and want to continue in the coming year:

  • Living our lives in ways that cultivate good health through good food, exercise and stress-free activities
  • Living below our means.  Finding interesting and rewarding low-cost or no-cost experiences whenever possible.  And, saving money when necessary to do those things that cost money and I know we will enjoy without depleting our cash-on-hand 



  • Talking with or talking positively about people we enjoy and who enjoy us
  • Enjoying art whether it is at a local exhibit, out the window after a snowstorm or on the distant horizon.  The artist can be nature, local school children or the most polished professional
  • Anticipating spring when the yard will be alive with new growth and hope for the growing season
  • Looking forward to the longer days and warmth of summer
What are you thankful for?







No comments:

Post a Comment